About Shadows of Eternity
About the blog
- I always thought blogging looked like fun and after following many larger anime blogs for quite some time, I decided to give anime blogging a go (amidst some other things). Shadows of Eternity was a name I chose after giving a few names a try and realising that they’ve already been taken.
- I try to keep this casual, mainly for me to comment on things that come to mind. I could have gone to Twitter and did micro-blogging, but honestly, that has yet to appeal to me. Most of the stuff I’ve written so far is anime related (episodic) but there have been a few other odd things from time to time.
- It would be awesome if I could keep up with blogging on everything, but in reality, I can’t even keep up with my studies and the number of shows I’m currently watching, let alone make a decent blog post/review on each one. I generally try to write medium length posts, even though sometimes they’re simply brain-dumps but I doubt anyone is reading them anyway, so it’s all good. xD
Who are the two decorating the header?
- Hatsune Miku (Vocaloid) and Last Order (To Aru Majutsu no Index) are the two currently acting as the mascots at the top of each page. The favicon (I believe it’s called blavatar on WordPress) is currently Last Order’s original Onee-sama, Misaka Mikoto (To Aru Majutsu/Kagaku no Index/Railgun).
- The blog theme I recently changed to Vigilance, which was made by Jestro.
- Yes, that place next to Australia that just got into the 2010 Football World Cup! I always find it funny when I talk to people from across the world, how little people know about here and the things that they do know are simply just not true. Sheep are kept in all of our backyards, sorry. Prime Minister John Key’s comments on the David Letterman show weren’t all entirely true either.
- There’s not really much anime merchandise here, the few odd DVDs found in those rare shops (which seem to only be in Auckland??) are definitely NOT recent and most of the time are only the really mainstream stuff. I think we get a few things imported from MADMEN Australia.
- As for anime-related events, well… the closest I’ve ever got to a Comiket/Anime-con would be the annual “Armageddon Pulp Expo” and the focus on anime during that is cosplay, DVD sales and one day’s worth of non-stop dubbed anime on show in a small tent. Lets just say I would rather be in Japan and buying anything I could to add to my small and limited collection. Aside from drought of anime shops, I can safely say New Zealand is a great place so come and visit (blatant tourism advertising).
- I’m a high school graduate now, heading for university soon. Online I’m generally known under the usernames Ayano Katagiri (such as here), Kagami ☆ (or Kagaminya) and Saya★eternity;. I’ve been learning Japanese at high school and passed the highest high school standard here, which is around JLPT Level 3 (which I didn’t sit this year due to senior exams). It’s about the level when you can watch anime raw and understand about 70% of it, if enough effort is put in while watching. But I prefer waiting for subs just to make sure I actually understood it (and the remaining 30%).
- I’m afraid I’m not one of those hardcore otaku who’ve watched countless hours of anime with a MyAnimeList over 1000 entries long. I really only started watching again in 2008 with Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu.
If you’re reading this and somehow have become a regular visitor/reader to my blog – thanks!!
I would love any feedback, feel free to leave a comment anytime. Alternatively, you could email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
December 7th 2009.