20 reasons why you should watch Mikoto and her To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
Long titles ftw. I don’t know if I have the effort left to post a full fall anime preview, but I shall post one for To Aru Kagaku no Railgun. If you didn’t know already, Railgun is essentially a manga spin-off from To Aru Majutsu no Index which began airing last year. Except that this is based only on the science side of Academy City with a real protagonist, Misaka Mikoto.
Mikoto is a level 5 esper, the third strongest in Academy City. She has the ability to control electricity and magnetism, allowing her to create instantaneous railguns using coins as projectiles. Hence the ‘nickname’ – Tokiwadai’s Railgun, with Tokiwadai being the school she attends.
The following does contain a little bit of spoilers, but nothing too major. :D
Image-ladened post beware~
1. You get to see moar Mikoto.
2. Moar railguns.
3. Shirai Kuroko, teleporter doing her tricks for Judgement.
5. A lot less Touma, makes a lot less BS lectures.
6. No Index Librorum Prohibitwhateverblahblahblahrium. YAY.
7. Judgement + Kuroko kicking ass.
8. Psychotic monster vs Mikoto fight.
9. Biribiri fan service.
10. More of these scenes.
11. Kuroko abuse.
12. Chibi Kuroko.
13. The Sisters are back! And we learn more about them this time.
14. Chibi Mikoto.
15. Teleporting sexiness.
16. The PV for the show!
17. New side characters, Saten and Uihara.
18. J.C. Staff is the production studio again, with the director of ToraDora! (Nagai Tatsuyuki) at the helm and the same character designs as To Aru Majutsu no Index.
19. Last Order! (actually.. I don’t know if she’ll make an appearance)
20. Totally tsundere. Biribiri. :3
And the question I seem to see asked most about it is, “do you need to have watched Index to understand this?” Answer is no, Railgun will hopefully make sense without it as it’s a standalone parallel series. It would give you some more insight into Mikoto’s world, but not necessary to understand this plot. So yeah, October = moar Mikoto. Look forward to it!!