Spring Anime 2010 Preview
Under the belief that I may have a 20GB student cap… I think I’ll still be able to watch anime at university. Overall, this season does look pretty good and better than winter season (which I’ve sort of lost interest in).
- Angel Beats – Even after death, you can’t escape going to school! <- The fact that they’re dead and going to school does seem a little lame, but then it may add a slice-of-life genre to the anime. The art looks quite a lot like the first season of Haruhi from the previews I’ve seen so far and the supernatural “angels and gods” war does seem intriguing. The original VN was done by KEY as well, so it should be good .
But what kind of name is “Otonashi” (kind, gentle, well-behaved)?
- Black★Rock Shooter – This is a definite without being said. Based around the song of the same name composed by Ryo; and huke’s character design, B★RS will be a must watch for a lot of the Vocaloid/Hatsune Miku fans. I’m slightly disappointed that it’s an OVA, but the number of episodes is still unconfirmed. The background for the story will also be interesting to watch, seeing as the PV suggests B★RS started off as a normal school girl. Definitely can’t wait for this!
- K-ON!! – Okay, so they added another exclamation mark to differentiate between season one and two. A little weird, but sure this is KyoAni. I’m hoping there will be more music in this one than the continual moe/slice-of-life randomness that was the second half of season one. KyoAni better have more songs up their sleeves, because Fuwa Fuwa Time pissed me off last season. It was good once, but not a million repeats like a broken record player.
- Shakugan no Shana S (2) – I will probably end up watching this, just because it’s Shana. I need SnS III, not these OVAs… This one airs this Friday.
- Iron Man – Seeing this made me laugh. I never expected Marvel to start entering the anime scene so this will be something interesting to watch if I get around to it. The Ironman movie was alright, but I haven’t seen anything of the anime yet.
- Mayoi Neko Overun! – Cats, catgirls, nekomimis and what else? Might appeal to some, I’m considering watching it if I have nothing else to do.
Probably Not Watching:
- Working! – Slice-of-life family restaurant story? Doesn’t seem particularly interesting, but could possibly be good.
- Giant Killing – I generally don’t watch sports anime, but this looks like it could have more than the sports aspect to the story.
- Ikkitousen Xtreme Xecutor – The title already throws me off, but I might want an action based anime to watch.
- Arakawa Under the Bridge – Seemed a little too weird for me.
- Senkou no Night Raid – War story, not all that appealing.
- Yojou-han Shinwa Taikei – College student life, seems boring and not a fan of the art.
- B Gata H Kei – Wtf. The whole “100 casual partners” thing is just so not on. The title reminds me of a podcast I heard about blood types (B-gata = Blood type B people).
- Hetalia Axis Powers S3 – Haven’t watched the first two seasons.
- Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou – Magicians! I hate magic related anime right now… well, the magician style ones.
- Ookiku Furikabutte S2 – Haven’t watched the first season and not a fan of sports anime.
- Koihime Musou S3 – Again, haven’t watched the previous seasons.
- Hakuoki: Shinsengumi Kitan – I’m not actually sure what a “shinsengumi” is but I don’t think I can be bothered watching this.
- Ring ni Kakero – Boxing stuff.. can’t imagine myself watching this.
- Kiss x Sis – The storyline just makes me turn away. I saw a little of the OVA earlier and didn’t like it much at all.
- Kaichou wa Maid-sama – Meido-cafe. Will pass.
- Major S6 – Sports again.
- Da Capo Extension – Another anime which I haven’t watched the prequels.
- Uragiri wa Boku no Namae o Shitteru – Looks kind of boring imo.
- RAINBOW Nisha Rokubo no Shinchinin – The plot doesn’t actually sound too bad, but too depressing?
- House of Five Leaves – Looks kind of like horror. :\
- Heroman – Mecha, aliens. Sounds a little bit like Strike Witches.. except it’s just a robot.
And the others look like little kids shows. Movie-wise I’ll definitely be watching the
Disappearance when it comes out on Blu-ray/DVD and I’ll be watching the new Detective Conan movie as well – seeing as Kaitou Kid is making an appearance in this one.
Strike Witches S2 actually starts airing in June, so that’s really Summer 2010, rather than Spring. So I’ll most likely just follow three shows this time unless something comes along that just blows me away with awesomeness or something. xD
Compilation credit to chartfag –>
Not sure who did the first one, sorry. I got sent it at a forum.